New Players/Chars/Drugs
As someone who has been making a lot of new chars recently I have found that people are not as open to new people as they once were which could be a reason we dont see as many new faces / people returning in the server. I recently made a character who would be a low level dealer for people who are willing to sell. Only 2 people were willing to sell to a new char. Shout out to Santa and Apollo. Everyone else told me to get off twitter or called me a narc. I dropped my number which would give people a way to contact me and recieved no texts. Luckily i already have contacts but i cannot get drugs unless they are in the city which can create a bottleneck. People told me to do pizza or garbage but that is not what my character is about. Most peoples chars in new citys revolve around them trying to be a criminal. On Han i wasnt involoved in drugs but a lot more people were open to including me in bank jobs and robberies shout out to Vagos and Santa. More so then selling another character drugs? I feel like it should be the other way around. 

Just putting it out there if you are too afraid to take chances with new chars then what is the point of being a "Drug Dealer". Why even make the drugs if you arnt willing to sell? Also if you think its a narc and arnt willing to take an L for the sake of RP then again what is the point?

If you create drugs for the sole purpose of only yourself selling them then this is where we get a heirarchy breakdown when it comes to drugs. If you just want to sell yourself you should be buying drugs from people who wholesale. If you want to wholesale then make them and sell them to players. The drug game has been like this for a minute where everyone knows everything so whats the point of having hidden locations when the new players can barely get their foot in the door. I never see people "selling drugs" on the darkweb anymore. So how is a new player supposed to get drugs other than twitter? Sure maybe go up and ask people but that is just as suspect as using twitter so its kind of a catch 22. 

Personally I think the drug game needs to be rehidden and the people who actually word hard at being an actual "Drug Dealer" should get the chance to take the helm. No reason for all these people who have their own business or whitelisted jobs to also be the ones making drugs for themselves to sell. If they want to make extra cash they should be buying the shit. 

New Drug Locations PLS.

Dont get me wrong im sure there are some dealers who would have sold to me who probably wernt in the city tonight when i typed this up, but have been thinking about this for a while now and just decided to throw it up on the forums.

The problem I see is people are too group oriented. They don’t want to interact with people outside their immediate group so it’s very hard for new players/characters to get involved.

IMO no one wants to do drugs because you make way more money being a mechanic. Our richest people are mechanics and custom shop owners(except Rooster) because it’s low risk super high reward. So why not. Until people are ready to give up the high salary of being able to make crazy money it’s not going to change. Right now there is not a huge reward for selling drugs.

These are just my thoughts and I hope that it does change for the betterment of RP and the server.

I literally have been trying to get new people or anyone really to sell for me and created a whole persona for it and other "quest" rp things but no one has taken it on. As for mechanic jobs you don't make shit doing it cause no one actually goes to a mechanic anymore they all just go to LS

And at what point does trust need to be earned? At what point do we separate the fact that this is just a game where risk should be welcomed from the fact that we are a serious roleplay server in the sense that we shouldn't break character, or do something unrealistic, simply to benefit how you expect your character to come up in the criminal world?

Obviously you're expecting a better response from people's characters when one of your own is trying to purchase cocaine off of twitter, a social media site. But let's be real, how many people actually go onto twitter asking about drugs, while also giving their number and a set price they're willing to work with? Not many at all, and what happens when something like this goes down in the criminal world? You're taken as a joke. People will mock you on twitter, call you a narc, etc. Because nobody wants to supply a dealer foolish enough to put their entire life out on twitter. You can call this a fear of not wanting to take risk all you'd like, but at the end of the day, that aint a willingness to take risk that I would display by entertaining your RP, that would be pure ignorance to display.

There's a difference between a win mentality that forces you to fear risk vs a player roleplaying being a drug supplier seriously.

For example, in your twitter post spree to acquire hard drugs, not even just weed to build up from, you directly callout and accuse drug kingpins of being something less than what they are simply because they arent contacting you to push their drugs - over, again, a twitter message. Think about how foolish you're coming off when you do an action like that. Really. Think about that.  

There are ways to go about what it is you are seeking, but the simple fact of the matter is, you're being impatient. Rome wasn't built in a day, just like trust in this context wont be built in a day. Be happy two people contacted you and gave you a shot. infact, build off of them. Show them and their contacts that you are even remotely trustworthy - even the slightest bit of proving yourself, and then maybe, later on down the road, more avenues open up for you. 

Aside from structure and base of your post, I do agree with your point. The point you made was pretty good, it's just I dont agree with how you came to this logic. So, on my end, i dont think the drug game needs to be *rehidden* but infact it needs to be *revamped entirely*. I'd go into more detail about what I mean by this, but I'm not exactly ready at the moment to provide an entire revamp to the HSRP drug game. I do have a project for the drug game that I plan on working on and submitting whne its finished, I just havent gotten to it with the whitelists Im writing for other things. But when I get ideas on paper, I'll be more than happy to share.

@MentalMilkshake Yea thats why i put a little blurb at the end about im sure some people who would wernt in the city. Just big time meta that i know most crims sell drugs as a side hustle and mostly make them for themselves and not to sell to other players as everyone makes their own shit. Which is where i think the drug trade in the server lacks. Everyone knows everything. So why buy off someone when i could make it myself and keep 100% of the profits.
Again pls think about moving the drug spots so the real drug dealers can rise and actually start a trickle down effect with the drugs.

@NuclearBong seriously how do you think a new player should come into a server not knowing anything about the city and try and get a hold on drugs? Weed isnt the same as it was. I cant go grow weed myself. I dont know you can find seeds in a dumpster. The only way to aquire seeds is from hidden location on the darkweb. There is no stepping stones for new players to enter. So yes someone new would go to twitter. They do not know of the dark web or dark web posts. Going up to people and straight up asking for drugs i would think is more suspect then dropping a number on twitter as now i can be contacted personally by anyone who thinks i could be a potential person. They can feel me out.
And im not saying specifically to my character and how i think i should come up. As a new character i was first introduced to cocaine i know nothing of any other drug in the city which is why i was specifically asking for it. Im not gonna meta which drugs i know which is why in a later tweet i posted im looking for anything to push. You dont know what my character knows so dont imply im simply skipping steps to come up faster in the drug trade. My character doesnt have the aspirations to become a drug kingpin im just looking to push product as a side hustle.

also you would be surprised how many people advertise that shit over social media IRL, sure they prolly arnt the smartest criminals but we all arnt supposed to be criminal masterminds right.

You are misinformed about mechanics not being rich which is a bad assumption. out of the top 10 richest people in the city I bet you 6 are mechanics/custom shop employees. Wiping economy was supposed to help with people not finding the easiest low risk job to make the most money. It was supposed to rebalance the server and give everyone a chance to focus on RP rather than grinding money. It’s unfortunate that people try the opposite and wonder why no one wants to RP. Money should be a tool for RP not the purpose of RP

I agree @blackstone but i dont think they are getting rich off of the fact that they are mechanics i think its based off the fact that they build custom/import cars for almost no cost and sell them for 200k+ which to me is outrageous, and the only people able to get their hands on them work for the shop themselves. But also i could be misinformed about the cost of the cars in general.

(03-10-2020, 08:04 PM)WisDome Wrote: @NuclearBong seriously how do you think a new player should come into a server not knowing anything about the city and try and get a hold on drugs? Weed isnt the same as it was. I cant go grow weed myself. I dont know you can find seeds in a dumpster. The only way to aquire seeds is from hidden location on the darkweb. There is no stepping stones for new players to enter. So yes someone new would go to twitter. They do not know of the dark web or dark web posts. Going up to people and straight up asking for drugs i would think is more suspect then dropping a number on twitter as now i can be contacted personally by anyone who thinks i could be a potential person. They can feel me out.
And im not saying specifically to my character and how i think i should come up. As a new character i was first introduced to cocaine i know nothing of any other drug in the city which is why i was specifically asking for it. Im not gonna meta which drugs i know which is why in a later tweet i posted im looking for anything to push.  You dont know what my character knows so dont imply im simply skipping steps to come up faster in the drug trade. My character doesnt have the aspirations to become a drug kingpin im just looking to push product as a side hustle.

also you would be surprised how many people advertise that shit over social media IRL, sure they prolly arnt the smartest criminals but we all arnt supposed to be criminal masterminds right.

I expect a new player to get into drugs exactly how any new character would get into drugs. By roleplaying it. I already said this once and I'll say it again, you are being impatient and you expect too much too quickly. I dont expect your character to know the source for seeds, so good on you for not breaking character to find seeds to start being a drug dealer. Honestly not being sarcastic when I say this right now. But when I said using weed to build up, i didnt imply you should meta ingame knowledge nor did i imply it was in your character to acquire seeds through bins or dark web - what I was saying was, why are you not starting with asking for weed from other players? This is a great way to build trust with a supplier in order to earn something more. Is it possible cause weed sells dirt cheap and you wouldnt be making the profit youre looking for? or maybe its as simple as it being something you hadnt thought of doing initially.

The way it is you're choosing to think about this is very narrow-minded. Nobody is saying just walk up to people and ask for drugs. Cause yes, that is very suspect, as-is a twitter post from somebody you dont know and have never dealt with in the past. You need to establish relationships, friendships, bonds, trust, etc. You need to be a character in los santos, immersed with others around you and I'm sorry that you feel like cliques can sometime make that an impossibility, but I'm telling you, please listen when I say this- I've been a loner for the better part of my stay at HSRP, only ever becoming accepted into cliques towards my last few months here,  but in my entirety of being here, never once did I find it too troublesome to acquire drugs in the city - not because I didnt have access to them, but because it was for the sole reason that i expect drugs to be hard to obtain in any serious RP community. Not only because of their value but because of what they represent in the eyes of the law. Roleplaying building trust from the ground up can be some of the most rewarding RP I've found. I just want you to know it aint impossible to get things moving and opportunities will arise for you if you just stay headstrong towards your goal. Even though i knock your twitter method ooc and say it isn't logical, I'm more than sure you will see results one way or another if you keep going down that path.

I didnt start with asking for weed from players because i simply wasnt introduced to it. I have been making connections through rp and the two people i have made connects with have only offered cocaine so as a new person in the city i "thought" that this was the drug to look for. I dont know yet if weed is legal, illegal or simply no one has it. My char is less then a week old and is still learning the ins and outs of the city.

(03-10-2020, 03:09 PM)Blackstone Wrote: The problem I see is people are too group oriented. They don’t want to interact with people outside their immediate group so it’s very hard for new players/characters to get involved.

IMO no one wants to do drugs because you make way more money being a mechanic. Our richest people are mechanics and custom shop owners(except Rooster) because it’s low risk super high reward. So why not. Until people are ready to give up the high salary of being able to make crazy money it’s not going to change. Right now there is not a huge reward for selling drugs.

These are just my thoughts and I hope that it does change for the betterment of RP and the server.

Everyone does drugs pretty much, I'm mechanic and work at a custom shop and our prices are very affordable and pretty much every dollar I make in the server is given to the community in my monthly events. I think you are some what out of the loop of how things actually happen in the server these days tbh. I can tell you if people have a large sum of money it's most likely from selling drugs or chopping cars not making money in a legal job. Custom vehicles just came back around and while I agree the prices they are being sold for are kinda stupid that's not how people have been making their cash.