Drug Selling [Community Feedback Thread]
Hello High Stakes community,

Today I come to you with a problem that needs some solving. We as staff of the community feel that this topic in particular deserves attention at a community level so without further hesitation let me address our concern. We want to make sure that offline and online drug sales are balanced in the sense that a majority of the criminals who take this route to make money will go with the online route due to the simple fact that this means RP interactions from the police. However as of late we have noticed that a majority of criminals who push drugs in the server are ones who do it while cops are offline. Instead of immediately solving this issue ourselves, I'm presenting the problem to you, the community, and asking for a sort of solution for online selling that would be beneficial for you while at the same time still providing a maintained standard of RP for the cops.

In other words, provide me with your feedback on how you feel things should be changed in regards to selling drugs while cops are online. Tell me why you rather offline, than online sell. And tell me what can be done to change this. Every response will be taken into consideration if your answer is not 'trolly' and you're here to provide actual, constructive suggestions and feedback. I will reiterate that before we decide to change things up again based on what we think is appropriate, we want to come to you, the community, the people who actually use this script the most, and gather feedback, suggestions or just information in general pertaining to this topic so that we may better your experience and the cop's experience.

Those of you who have read through, thank you, and to those ready to reply, I look forward to seeing your suggestions.

Personally I prefer the deliveries cause for me it is more fun driving around and handing something off rather than standing in one spot and spamming a key. If there was a way to do the deliveries with cops around like perhaps if you are too reckless like speeding in/running up to the person there is a chance they get freaked out and call the cops or something like that while still having the option to stand on a corner and selling aswell.

For offline drug sales I would suggest the amount of calls you are getting to be more spaced out, like more time in between each sale and that the price would be reduced by a small amount so that if people want to they still can still offline sell drugs but since there is no RP or risk involved the reward shouldn't be that large, I think it would create a balance for risk and reward.

(05-04-2020, 11:57 PM)MentalMilkshake Wrote: Personally I prefer the deliveries cause for me it is more fun driving around and handing something off rather than standing in one spot and spamming a key. If there was a way to do the deliveries with cops around like perhaps if you are too reckless like speeding in/running up to the person there is a chance they get freaked out and call the cops or something like that while still having the option to stand on a corner and selling aswell.

I agree with Leroy, I feel like its just monotonous to stand in 1 spot and sell. I like the deliveries and would like to see some sort of change so that you can do them while cops are online as well. Additionally I like Penguin's idea of just spacing out the timer a little on how frequently you get a ping for a delivery whenever cops are offline. Small changes, nothing too drastic. However I DON'T think that the price should be reduced because the people who don't have access to making certain drugs and want to give those makers RP shouldn't be punished. That will just push everyone to make their own shit again if the profit margin gets fucked. Then you get thrown back to square 1.

I use offline selling as a means to fall asleep at night. I find it relaxing. I never make a ton of money from it but I do enjoy just whipping around. It helps to pay for my shenanigans throughout my normal day for police encounters (i.e. banks, stores, racing, normally getting caught and having fun). Like I said I don't make a ton of money from it, like how the old system was. I will normally sell like 30-50 bags at around 200 a piece. I have $80 invested in each of these bags (and also find it fun just for the sketchy interactions with dealers) so it's enough to kind of scrape by considering when I get caught being a dumbass, which is what I truly enjoy, I eat fines of around 4-5k or more. It provides two things for me, a bit of a cushion to fall back on when I do fuck up and also a way to fill time. I agree that it provides zero RP selling offline but I would argue it doesn't really take away from much either. I'll still continue to have fun with police etc. when I do have those interactions. In my opinion, it just adds a little bit more to fill time. Some of us are pretty damn bored in this quarantine.

So, I do prefer the deliveries, I enjoy listening to music and practicing driving because I'm a potato. I initially disliked the online sales, however after doing it for a while yesterday, I was able to make nearly the same amount - I don't keep track, just a guesstimate - but in a much quicker amount of time. I did however, end up with two warrants for cops showing up and getting pictures of me selling. I don't know what the charges were because by the time I was caught I also had multiple robbery, kidnapping, and evading charges, but I was able to see that there is a value to doing drug sales while there are cops online instead of doing deliveries.
I also enjoy making the money from deliveries to fund my half-assed robberies when cops are actually online. I personally prefer that kind of RP, and enjoy giving that to the cops. However, I think adding more time between pings for deliveries will encourage people to sell when there are cops online, to give them more to RP. Bored cops make them not want to go on duty, and no cops leads to criminals not wanting to come into the server. I think we are almost there, just some minor tweaks to encourage the behaviors we want to see.